Thursday, June 9, 2011

Keeping cool

We've enjoyed our first weeks of summer vacation. The kids have done a ton of swimming in our little inflatable backyard pool. It's not much, but it keeps them cool. Yesterday we tried out some sidewalk paint. We went out at 9:00 in the morning to try to beat the heat. It was probably already 80 degrees at this point though. Today on the other hand is rainy and cool. I love Iowa summers! Reagan is supposed to have her last softball game of the season tonight and Ryan and Luke are heading to the Iowa Cubs game. Luke and my nephew Jaren are part of the Knothole gang (a Christmas present from Grandpa and Grandma), so they get to go to a bunch of games this summer. Hopefully I can get Ryan to snap some pictures.:)
















Luke found Ryan and my snorkel gear, so he thought he'd try it out in the pool. I'm sure he saw some unique species of marine life out there.:)













No comments: