Thursday, June 9, 2011

Can you spot the difference?



She's done it again! How one little girl can be so accident prone, I'll never know. I came home from getting groceries on Saturday and she was crying. When I asked Lauren what happened she told me she tried to jump. It turns out they were playing on the stairs (which we've told them countless times is a bad idea) and she apparantly tried to jump down some stairs and instead took a tumble. Bummer for her....another broken collarbone, but this time on the other side. This was at around 5:30 on Saturday, so we debated if we should take her in. She was acting very similar to the last time she did this, so I made her wear her sling and gave her tylenol. We decided to wait until the next day to see how she was doing and try to save ourselves an E.R. visit. I knew all they would do is tell her she needed a sling and tylenol, so it wasn't worth $100 for them to tell me that. The next day she still said her arm hurt, but she was using it and acting a lot better. I still had her wear the sling some just to be on the safe side. When she woke up during the night on Sunday and said her arm was still hurting, I thought we better take her in. After some x-rays her Dr. said it was indeed fractured. He said it was fine that I didn't take her in earlier and that it was good that I had her wear the sling. They could tell on the x-rays that it was already starting to heal. I'm not sure what to do with that girl! Even with the sling, she's trying to jump off the couch and climb all over things. Like Dr. Williams said, "we still have make it through 3!":)

1 comment:

Paulson 5 said...

Jennifer,
Oh no...not a broken bone! That poor girl. It must be something about the 3rd or 4th kiddo. Sorry your summer is off to that kind of start but it can only get better right :) I love all the pictures...thanks for always doing a great job with your blog. Blessings~Stephanie