Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Braving the great outdoors

Last weekend we went camping with my family. We had great weather (no rain at least!) and a fun time together. The cousins all did lots of running and playing and spent their fair share of time hanging out in the campers...especially ours which is the only one with air conditioning.:) We celebrated Drew & Lauren's birthday there also. They got some fun presents and enjoyed their Buzz Lightyear/Dora the Explorer party. We opted for cupcakes, because they're much easier to transport! We played a fun asteroid water game and did a Dora treasure hunt to Candy Mountain.
I felt bad for Ryan because we didn't get to do too much for Father's Day for him, but I don't think he minded.:) I told him to purchase a grill cover for his gift. I read a Father's Day devotional for our church service and the girls and Drew sang a song about Dad's. I think the dads and grandpa liked it. We had a yummy brunch of Dutch Oven foods and wrapped up our weekend. We might not get out again until Labor Day but we'll have to see what we can do. Lisa and I would like to take the kids out on our own, but I'm not real sure about pulling the camper by myself...and I have no idea to set it up either!























No comments: