Saturday, October 24, 2009

Frolicking Fall Fun

We had a couple of beautiful days last week that we could get outside. I spent two days raking a lot of leaves and the kids spent two days jumping in them! It was slightly discouraging to look out the window the next day and see a yard filled with even more leaves than I started with, but I knew that would happen. Ryan can do the next batch!:) We also got our pumpkins and started carving them. Ryan was afraid they might rot before halloween, so after carving the top off and gutting them, we wrapped them in plastic wrap and put them in the fridge. The kids weren't real happy with us, but they did get to draw their faces on them for the time being. We're looking forward to a fall gathering with my family tomorrow and many more Thanksgiving plans in the works! Unbelievable. We're going to go watch some football with friends tonight. Go Hawks! Drew's all dressed in his yellow and gold, although I notice he's now missing his pants, so I better sign off.



Luke looks like such a big kid in this picture.
The twins love playing in the playhouse outside.

You can't really tell in this picture, but Drew was soaked from climbing in the swimming pool filled with rain water. Oops!
Drew helped me make pumpkin bars by emptying out my utensil drawer.



Luke would hardly touch the inside of the pumpkin because he didn't want to get his hands dirty. He dove in after he realized his spoon wasn't getting him anywhere.

Like pumpkin, like boy

3 comments:

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

those times will be awesome memories!

Unknown said...

Yaaaay! A new post!

Unknown said...

Yaaay! A new post! I'm printing some of these.