Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New tricks

Drew thought sitting on Ryan's shoulders was so funny.
Lauren hasn't quite figured out how to pull herself up yet, but she thinks it is really fun when we stand her by things.

Lauren & Drew after spaghetti. She is much cleaner than he is!
All the kids have been learning new things lately. For Ryan and I, a lot of the things make us have to change the way things are done around here.
I find myself often spelling things that I don't want the kids to know. Now that Luke is learning letter sounds and how to spell, those days are going to be behind us soon. Luke is also starting to become more independent. As a mom, I know that is a good thing, but it doesn't make it any easier. I'm already dreading the first day of Kindergarten and it's only April! I was thinking about him being in school all day, every day the other night and it made me sad.:(
Reagan is starting to pick up on things that I say also and she is stubborn enough to not let it go. I must say "we'll see" to her frequently when she wants to do things (and she asks questions a lot!) and the other day she called me out and told me that whenever I say "we'll see" she never gets to do anything. She then said to me, "No more we'll seeing!". We'll see about that.:)
Drew is making it difficult for me to get things done around here and Lauren is right behind him. He figured out how to climb up the first set of stairs but thankfully hasn't ventured any farther. He also gets into everything. Right now as I type he has almost pulled the dollhouse on him 3 times. Eessh! Drew has also taken to pulling himself up on my leg and then trying to bite it! I love teething.:)
Lauren's top tooth is almost through, which I hope helps her grumpiness. She's pretty good natured, but has been having a rough time in the afternoons lately and at bedtime. She's a pro now at going from laying down to sitting up on her own. She's quite proud of this fact. The other day when I went to get her from her nap, she was sitting up in her bed with a big grin on her face. I think it's almost time to move her mattress down, too!
Both of the babies do a great job of eating table food on their own, which is making my life a little easier at meals. They like to sit and eat with us and many times I can feed them the same foods that we eat. Drew shoves it in with two fists and Lauren picks up one piece at a time. He's also much messier than she is at the end of the meal! They are both starting to pick up on some sign language that I am doing with them. They'll copy the sign for "more" and "all done" now if I do them. It's pretty cute.
My "to do" list for the day is still quite significant and the afternoon is almost gone, so I better get the bathrooms clean while the twins take one more quick nap!

No comments: