Thursday, April 16, 2009

10 months old!

Our babies are 10 months old. They are so funny and happy....but man they keep me on my toes! Yesterday I came into the kitchen from the playroom and I found the garbage can knocked over and Drew & Dexter eating leftover french fries. One of Drew's favorite things to do now is climb by the garbage can and chew on the bag hanging over the side. I have yet to figure out the appeal of that. We can move him to the farthest point in the house and he'll head right back over there. It took me five times this morning before he finally lost interest! His favorite toys to play with are Reagan's dollhouse people and the car. He knows how to make the car play music and he does a little dance when it starts up. He is a great eater. I can give him a lot of the same foods we eat cut in to small pieces and he shovels it in. Table manners mean nothing to him.:) Drew's two top teeth are also almost in.
Lauren is becoming sillier everyday. She likes to do things that she think will make us laugh. She makes funny faces and lets out a little squeal, and she loves to clap her hands and giggle. She rolls everywhere and got herself to a sitting position today. I was pretty excited for her! She is a pickier eater and has figured out spitting with food in her mouth. It's wound her up on time out a few times.:)
It's funny when they want to get to something because they'll either crawl or roll over the other one to get to it without even acknowledging that they are there. They are starting to interact more with each other though.When I was holding the two of them together yesterday, Lauren started patting Drew on the back. It was pretty cute. They'll also mimic each other's sounds some.
It's time for afternoon nap and I have two babies grabbing on to my legs, so that's my cue to go!

1 comment:

2boys2girls2ofakind said...

Kinda bittersweet huh? sad that the days sometimes seem long but the weeks and months fly by. Growing up to little people with such unique personalities. Enjoy the days, I have the feeling one day we will wish these days were back! :) I am trying to plan for our twins 1 year birthday party! *sob*sob*sob*