Thursday, August 26, 2010

Milestones

Reagan has now hit the big time...as far as preschool goes at least! She started her 4 year old preschool this week and is loving it. She will be going to school 3 mornings a week, which is just enough for her and mommy.:) She has a large class of around 27 students, but there are 3 teachers in the room with them. One of the things she noticed right away were all the boys in her class, because last year she only had 2. I'm sure that will be a big difference, although it sounds like she was already trying to boss them around on the playground! Her personality is definitely a lot different than Luke's in that respect.:)
Drew and Lauren have also made the jump up to big kid beds. We converted their cribs into toddler beds because they were climbing out of them and I didn't feel like dealing with bumps to the head or broken bones! Lauren was a little hesitant, but I think she likes the freedom now. I do have to separate them for nap time though because they just mess around with each other instead of sleep and then they are grumpy. Drew is funny because when he wakes up he'll be out of bed, but then if he sees me coming he quick jumps back in because he thinks he'll get in trouble. He hasn't figured out that after he's slept he's allowed out! The next big milestone for them will be potty training. Lauren is super interested, but I'm not quite ready yet. I still feel like they're a little young and I'd rather wait a bit and have the process go quickly. Drew just doesn't care, so I'm hoping he'll take cues from his sister!
We're adjusting well to our new school routines. Luke is loving first grade and his class and teacher. We're gearing up for the first football game of the season this Friday and one more camping trip over Labor Day. Lots of fun over at the Noteboom house!!

















1 comment:

Nicole said...

I like the pic of the four of them walking to school together :) super cute