Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Lucas Michael!











Luke celebrated his fifth birthday yesterday. Five years ago we were so excited to welcome our first baby. He was two weeks overdue, so I was more than ready to meet him! He brought chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting to school for his treats and got to be the leader and have a birthday celebration. We also took him out for supper to the restaurant of his choosing. He chose Famous Dave's, which made Ryan quite happy.:) On Saturday he's having a pirate party with family.
I can really see how he is maturing as he gets older. He is also learning a lot of new things and seems to catch on really quickly to new information. I'm pretty sure he's going to be a math guy, unlike his mommy! The other day he came to me and told me that 5 times 2 is 10. I asked him where he learned that and he replied that he figured it out on his own by counting. I threw a couple of other multiples of two at him and he got them all right. Not too bad for a 5 year old! He really loves to play with the twins and is becoming a great helper.
It's really hard to believe our oldest is five and ready for the world of school and all that entails. A lot has happened in five years around here, so we're trying to enjoy every moment!
Happy golden birthday, buddy! We love you lots.

No comments: