Friday, June 13, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere!


When Ryan and I decided to have "one" more baby, I didn't want this one to be born in the winter. Both Lucas and Reagan were born during massive snowstorms and my family wasn't able to make it up to see them right away. I thought we would be all clear this time around. Obviously from the picture above, that's not so. Apparently my children only like to be born during natural disasters and storms! This is a picture of downtown Des Moines where we will be going in the next few days to have our babies. Fortunately, the hospital is in the clear and still has electricity and water. The maternity ward nurse I talked to today said that in 1993, they were without both.....which included air conditioning!! I'm hot with our air conditioning on! Ryan had to evacuate early today on account of the rising water. Let's pray that there's no more rain for a good long while and for all the families affected by this.

No comments: