Monday, August 19, 2013

Winding Down

Summer vacation is coming to a close.  The bigs go back to school this week, but we have had a great summer.  I'm always a little sad when the kids go back to school.  I get tired of the fighting and the "I'm boreds", but I feel like I don't get to see them that much when they are in school all day.  This will be my last year with the twins home part of the day, so I'm going to enjoy it!

We went to the cabin one last time.  It wasn't as warm as August usually is, but the water wasn't bad and the kids never seem to mine.  They did a ton of fishing, but never caught a thing!



 
We met all the cousins at the zoo one morning.  I don't know who were crazier...the 12 kids or the animals.  They had a fun time and we ended our morning with a picnic at the park outside the zoo.
 
 

All the cousins, minus Makayla
The girls are always a lot more cooperative when it comes to having their picture taken.:)

The kids earned free tickets to an Iowa Cubs game through the summer reading program at the library.  It was a beautiful night at the game and as an added bonus Jason & Kristin and their kids and Grandpa & Grandma were at the game too. 






 I tried!:)



We spent our last summer break weekend in Pella.  Ryan had to go out of town for work and it breaks up the days for the rest of us! The kids got to have a sleepover with the cousins one night and at Grandpa & Grandma's the next night.  They had fun swimming in the cold, cold pool.  I had a sweatshirt on while I was taking these pics.:)  We went to the bakery and the park the next day and tried out G&G's new slip and slide.  Grandpa took the boys fishing that night.  Luke caught four bass.  Drew didn't catch anything, but he did have the pleasure of fish pooping all over his shirt.  Gross! Drew also got to ride in Grandpa's big truck and help him plant a tree.  He got a kick out of that.  What a great end to our summer vacation!







No comments: