Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Break...the beginning

We've had a fabulous start to our spring break! The weather has been gorgeous, which makes it all the better. My sister and her 4 kiddos came to our house on Friday evening and had a sleep-over. We went out for ice cream and to the park and the kids were even able to go in the water and dig in the sand by the beach for a while. I'm sure it was cold, but they didn't mind at all.
It's so nice to not have to be anywhere at any specific time. Yesterday we hung out at home and the kids played outside a bunch before the rain started. Unfortunately, it looks like rain for a lot of today and tomorrow, but I think we'll head to the library later, make some cookies and maybe even homemade doughnuts.:) Towards the end of the week we're going to head up to Orange City and visit Ryan's family. We're looking forward to getting away and seeing them all.

(Thanks to Lisa for all the pictures. I didn't have my camera, so I swiped these from her.:))

Luke, Jaren, Bethany, Reagan, Erica, Drew & Lauren


Digging paths in the sand
The big boys


Jaren and Luke hung out at the top of this climbing feature a lot. This is one of those mom moments where I have to try to let it go, but I did remind him to please hold on.:)


It was windy by the water, but when the sun was out it felt great!


Lauren checking out the sand.

They spun and spun on this toy. It always cracks me up when they get off because they don't realize how dizzy they'll be.:)


Running through the water. My kids have already asked several times when we can go back to the beach. I think we'll wait until May or June!


Our attempt at a jumping shot.


My sweet peas.:)





Gliding along


Ready....go!


I got to hang out with Kate a bunch. She does a great job with all the big kids and just kind of goes with the flow.




Kate had no desire to be a part of our picture.:)





Testing the water


Crazy fun












































No comments: