Thursday, February 23, 2012

Feeling crafty

My hot glue gun has been getting a workout around here! I like to do crafty type things, but never seem to find/make the time. I've been able to do a couple of easy and inexpensive! things lately to spruce up our house. It gives me a creative outlet and doesn't break the bank, and that makes me smile.:)



I made this wreath using old t-shirts for the flowers.


This was the wreath that I made for the month of February. I'll hang it with ribbon next year, but I never made it to the right store to pick up what I needed before the month was over!



I did not make this, althought wouldn't that be awesome considering how much it cost! Our dog has been in our garbage can for the past 2 years. We always had to put it up on the table if we were going to leave and at night. I couldn't even go upstairs and leave it down or there would be trash all over the floor. We (I) had finally had enough and gave in and bought this one. He hasn't been able to get it in it yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!






I made this word art to put on the shelf beside our fireplace. The pictures a little dark but when I used the flash you couldn't read the words! I also wrapped twine around the bottles beside it for fun. Our next big project is hopefully new countertops in the kitchen, so then I'll be able to make some new things for that room!:)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

when you wrote about your dog I read it like your dog had been inside your trash can for 2 years. LOL poor puppy :)

Nice job on the wreaths! I like the twine bottles too!